Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SIX FIGURE INCOME...FOR DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

I always wished I could take an entire summer off (with pay of course). This May my wish came true. I lost my job and received a severance package...my full salary plus benefits for 3 months. I could have a six figure income for the entire summer for doing absolutely nothing.

However, as with most things that sound too good to be true, there was a catch. If I was to take another job before the 3 months was up, the package would end at the start date of the new employment. Who cares? you might say...just take a 3 month vacation and then get another job when the package ends.

Not too long ago (when I was fearless) I would have done exactly that. But this time I acted out of fear. The fear that maybe I would not be able to find another job so easily. Therefore, I immediately started searching for, and found another job. Now I am working 8 hours a day for less money than I could be receiving for doing nothing at all.

Just thinking about it is driving me crazy. When did I lose my confidence? When did I start making decisions based on fear? And most importantly what am I going to do about it?

That is when I decided to start this blog. To understand what has changed, how I went from being fearless to fearful, and chronicle my journey back to living life fearlessly and in the moment.

I will be trying to post at least once daily, and my hope is that you will follow along with me and become inspired to overcome your own fears. Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave comments.

So until next time...live life in the moment

0 comments:

Post a Comment